We are pleased to invite you to a two (2) days workshop on research grants funding and mainstreaming research grants funding in the academic life of the university.
Relying on students fees alone in financing your university is no longer sustainable and it is time to diversify the source of funding for the university. Research grants for universities are a cheap, readily available source of funding and you can, with the appropriate policies, access to the sources of research grants and capacity building for your faculty members, enlist all your staff members to be number one fund raisers for your university.
Below are the expected benefits for you in participating in this workshop:
1. Access to the sources of research grants funding for universities in Ghana, and in Africa;
2. Writing effective proposals and budgets for donor grants funding; and
3. Practical step-by-step guides to setting up research, innovation and consultancy units to coordinate the activities of your faculty members (including incentive policy guidelines, getting the approval of your university council, and so on).
We are by this letter, inviting you, the head of institution, your finance person and someone in charge of research, innovation or business development to this workshop.
The details of the workshop are as follows:
Date: September 25 – 26, 2018
Venue: British Council, Accra
Fees for participant: GH¢1,699 for Ghanaian Participant and US$540 for non-Ghanaian participant
Accommodation is available on request
The Facilitators of his workshop are:
1. Prof. Samuel Kobina Annim, Director of the Directorate of Research, Innovation and Consultancy, University of Cape Coast (UCC);
2. David Kwame Addo-Yobo, Executive Director of BS Africa Limited, Donor Grants Funding Expert;
The workshop will be chaired by Rev. Prof. Emmanuel Adow Obeng, President of Presbyterian University College.
You can participate in this workshop by registering online at www.presbyuniversity.edu.gh or www.bsa.kpit.edu.gh and fill out the online registration form.
You can alternatively, fill out the registration form attached to this letter, scan and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
You look forward to seeing you at the workshop.